Red Velvet Cupcakes and some Lemon winners too...

These are the two dozen cupcakes Julie at my work ordered from me for the office to share for her birthday. She let me choose whatever flavour I wished to make and so I decided to test some more recipes from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook.

I decided to have another go at the Red Velvet cupcakes. I think they were my first post if I recall from the start of summer. We ate those cupcakes on the top of Primrose Hill where we sat for at least 8 hours in the sun... best summer Sunday ever, IMO! I have to say these cupcakes whilst they look stunning with their rich red bases and contrasting white cream cheese icing, they just don't do it for me, but others love them, so I'm sure I will make them again.

my housemate trying to take an 'arty' shot

Little Red

Good Ratio of icing to cake ... I think anyway!
nom.. my afternoon tea at work

The other batch I decided to make is always a winner, Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Icing. And I was right, they were a winner!

Happy Birthday Julie!

Little Lemon.. small but delish
All boxed up and read to go..
 Happy Baking everyone else x

No comments:

Post a Comment