Happy New Year!!



Hopefully everyone had a lovely new years and now in full swing of all those New Years Resolutions. I don't really believe in only setting resolutions at the start of the year and think it should be something you assess constantly throughout the year. However I was happy that I do get to say that I did make a resolution last year to give blood and I can happily report back that I have not only given blood once but twice last year and I have my third appointment next month.. woo! The free Kit Kat helps.

I've been looking back over my blog for the last year and thought about any baking goals I would like to set for this year and I would like to blog a bit more frequently. I also want to branch out on what I blog about which means less cupcakes - more ANYTHING ELSE. One goal is to try and master/improve/have bread making skills and I think I might give it ago myself first before hopefully participating in a Saturday morning Lily Vanilla bread making course. My other goal is to do a baking/pastry/cooking class in another country... namely France!! But we will see.


This year I haven't baked much (so far) however I did get to visit one of my favourite restaurants in London last weekend for brunch - Ottolenghi.




It always such a treat to go here for brunch as they do a lot of the breakfast meals that I could expect from any normal restaurant back in Brisbane. Don't get me wrong I do love a good greasy spoon, however brioche french toast with cinnamon, berry compete and some Greek yoghurt really does appeal to my taste buds on a completely different level. Though I did also have food envy of everyone around me.. especially Helena's bright yellow scrambled eggs... mmm!


As always the food was amazing and I didn't hear one bad remark. What I also love about this place is they have great service and were very accommodating for our large group too which can be rare in London.

Pete protecting his food... clever boy

Of course on the way out, despite being full of brioche, I picked up quick treat for the afternoon... how could you not when the display is this amazing!


Happy Baking x

PS. Thanks again to Helena for the photos, I had a small 'incident' with my iPhone on Friday night in which I was unable to unlock it but would still 'speak' whenever I did anything... yes the lovely people in the Apple store at Covent Garden on Saturday afternoon found it funny too

No comments:

Post a Comment