Wh-Wh-Whoopie Pies

I'm sure when or where I first heard about whoopie pies, however once I had heard about them, they seem to be everywhere. I think at some point it was probably the Hummingbird Bakery that made me aware of them these weirdly named baked goods. The name itself is a little bit silly for me, but definitely had me intrigued.


Before I even attempted these I had to go try them out for myself and so I met up with my friends and wandered down to the Portobello Road branch of the Hummingbird Bakery and got into the queue. I had never actually been to Hummingbird, but have made many of the recipes out of the cookbook and so I got a little excited when I got into the shop. I went straight for the pumpkin whoopie pie with cream cheese filling... so delightful...


And that smile stayed on face the whole time.. mmm whoopie pie bliss

Next it was my turn and I needed a special occasion and my house mate and best boy mate's birthday Tom was the perfect occasion and he also has a weakness... Marshmallow Fluff.


I found a two recipes for Marshmallow from the Fluff website and couldn't decide between the two so I opted for both - Pumpkin with Cream Cheese Filling and the other Chocolate with Marshmallow/Peanut Butter filling. Besides a few hiccups with too much milk - who knew 3/4 of a pint was a lot more that 3/4 cup, but we got there in the end. I think the birthday boy was happy with the outcome.

Pumpkin Whoppies straight from the oven
Pumpkin and Cream Cheese
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fluff

I enjoyed making these a lot, though anything that has peanut butter and or Marshmallow Fluff is going to get my attention.. next time maybe a tad smaller in serving size, but delish nevertheless!

Happy Baking x

No comments:

Post a Comment