Happy Straya Daye


Today the 26th January is Australia Day !!! And every year I always wake up a little homesick, and I think I should get the day off too, but work just don't get it. By the time I have woken up my friends and family in Australia are well on their way into the day complete with BBQ's, Cricket, the Triple J Hottest 100 and most importantly.. beers! Apparently a new tradition of jelly shots was started this year at my friend Sarah house and I'm sure they went down a treat in the 30 degree weather.


Since I mentioned the Hottest 100, I cannot not mention why this year was awesome. My brothers band 'The John Steel Singers' came in at #52 this year with their single 'Overpass'. They have been doing so well and I think this is a great compliment to all the guys and their hard work. They only narrowly missed out last year being placed at 115, so this year they were well within the cut. I know this is a baking blog, but today my guest on What Laura Made is my brother Tim and this is what he's made/created/wrote/sung...


Back to the baking. I would to have done a Aussie spread, however since I don't get the day off I settle for a batch of Anzac biscuits. These biscuits are a lot like a flapjack if your not sure what they are, and purely because all the are made up of is flour, rolled oats, desiccated coconut, golden syrup and sugar.. you can't really go wrong and from the comments I got from my house and work mates, I think they came out alright.


Happy Australia Day and Happy Baking x

No comments:

Post a Comment