The Cake Book by Cupcake Jemma

I have always loved Crumbs & Doilies and so when I saw that the lady behind it all Cupcake Jemma had written a cookbook I was very excited.
 

I bought The Cake Book in the summer; but its been a crazy summer and the book lived in a box for a few months. Since I've moved into my new flat I have been a little obsessed with it and I have made numerous of the delicious recipes.

The recipes in the book are fresh, fun and easy to do. There is also Youtube tutorials which are very helpful (listed below). It definitely makes it easier to visually see when caramel change colour to the lovely amber colour and how quickly it happens.

A couple of treats of I have made recently...

Lemon meringue cupcakes



I must say, homemade lemon curd is something I wish I had made a long time ago. Its incredible and simple to make.



And when my friend Jane was visiting from Australia, we decided to tackle salt caramel and made these delicious Caramel Mudslide cupcakes! So decadent.


Jane was a great bakers assistant...



and took her duties seriously ensuring the quality was up to scratch!



I highly recommend you checking out her Youtube page... I definitely want to try the Chocolate High-Hat Cupcake next!


Happy Baking x 

No comments:

Post a Comment