Chocolate Baileys Cupcakes

These cupcakes I tried to do a little bit of an experiment by adding Baileys as we have had a large bottle of it in the cupboard and I though it might be a nice touch. I used a Hummingbird vanilla cupcake recipe and thought I would just add the Baileys to the icing instead of milk. However I ran out of milk for the actual recipe and made up about a third of the milk measurement with Baileys, so I thought there would be more than enough of the flavour coming through.


I think I might have to do a few more trials of these, not that I had any complaints, but apparently they didn't really taste at all of Baileys either in the cake or in the icing. I think they looked super tasty with some chocolate i had left over from some eclairs I made.. can you guess what my next blog is??


Any tips for making the cupcakes taste more like Baileys are welcome.... maybe a shot of Baileys tipped over each???


Happy Baking x

NB. I you would like to see a few more photos or get in contact etc, I've branched over to Facebook now.. find me here

1 comment:

  1. Try using Merlyn instead of Baileys ;)

    ReplyDelete